- - We call following verbs subjunctive verbs.
- Usually we use subjuctive verbs with 'that clause'
* Sometimes the verb 'insist' may be used in non-subjunctive
(ex) The Indonesian prime minister orderd that the
army retain control of the situation.
(ex) The lawyer requested that the court deny the
- - We use verb word in 'that clause'
|Subject + subjunctive verbs + that + verb word ....
(ex) The archaeologist requested that the government support
the excavation of buried ancient city.
(ex) The France proposed that his name be engraved on the statue.
Subjunctive noun clause
- - This is similar to subjunctive verbs. We use verb word in
(ex) The government refused the request that
the labour party suggest.
(ex) They ignored the suggestion that she get more practice.